Monday, November 3, 2008

Don't Supersize That!

I had never seen the documentary "Super Size Me" before.But after watching half of it in class, I'm no longer eager to eat fast food. I have taken both of my kids to fast food joints, and now feel terrible for having done so.
While watching "Super Size Me" I was saddened to see how many kids could identify popular fast food icons, but not historical figures. I was left feeling guilty. My 13yr. old knows quite a few historical figures I'm happy to say, but I really need to "get on the ball" with my 3yr. old. I'm eager to watch the rest of this. Oh and did everyone know that some 7Th graders here in Fairfax County are watching this in their "cooking" classes? This is interesting because my nephew and I are both watching this in school at 2 completely different educational levels.
The Last Half....
The movie was what I expected, but was slightly surprised by his liver function tests. A lot of damage was done in a short amount of time, and I'm not sure I would have stuck with it after having the doctors tell me not to. This was very geared toward one opinion. I expected a documentary to just present facts and let the viewer take what they want from it. This definitely was more narrow minded than what I would have expexted.

No comments: