Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Chapter 1

Okay, if I'm going to be honest Chapter 1 was painful for me to read all the way through.
I'm easily distracted, and unless something is really captivating I may daydream even while I'm still actually reading. This said I did finally make it through, although some sentences had to be read more than once.

I felt for both sides on the argument of the women being veiled for the DMV photo. I wonder do men who wear turbans also have to "unveil", since their hair is covered as well? Or, was this more of a question of being able to see facial features since those are harder to alter?

As far as the National ID cards go it makes little difference to me, as long as people have different levels of clearance to access the different information help on this card. I do not believe that this will stop terrorists though or eliminate racial profiling because where there's a will there's a way. this may slow down the process though and leave more time for terrorists to be caught while still developing their plan. Racial profiling is going to happen, how is an official going to determine whether to ask for your card or not. Probably the same way they decide to ask for your ID now. It's based on the individual asking for it and their mind set which is not controlled by some computer.

No comments: